[gamin] gam_server is using a large amount of CPU and swap space.

Greetings,

I have found that someone disabled the gam_server by moving /usr/libexec/gam_server to a different directory.  I'm a little nervous disabling part of the system.  Will this a safe thing to do?  What would I be giving up by doing this?

It has used 1676:45.55 of CPU and 2.5GB of swap.  I'm running Fedora 5 with 768MB of ram on an emachine T3304.

I have included free and ps listings.

Regards,
Dan
[dan T3304 ~]$ free -m
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 724 716 7 0 62 158
-/+ buffers/cache: 495 228
Swap: 2996 2608 388
[dan T3304 ~]$ ps -eo comm,size --sort size
COMMAND SZ
ksoftirqd/0 0
watchdog/0 0
events/0 0