Re: [gamin] [patch] gamin bus error on sparc

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 07:46:03PM +0200, Sjoerd Simons wrote:
> Hi
>
>   In gam_connection.c gam_connection_data shifts the GAMPacketPtr over the
>   request buffer. This can cause the req pointer to be unaligned.
>
>   Although that works fine on x86 and some other archs, on a sparc it causes
>   a bus error when accessing it's len field.
>
>   Patch with a fix attached.

  I realized I didn't processed your patch. While Unaligned accesses
can be extremely expensive or prohibited on some arches on others the
penalty is quite lower than memmov'ing the whole set of data read
each time a new fragment is processed. So I would really prefer a
patch conditional to your architecture. But I can't test it and
I'm not sure #ifdef sparc is a portable macro for this. Can you check ?

  thanks

Daniel