Re: [gamin] Question on locked mountpoint problem

So when gamin uses inotify exclusively there should be no problems with
umounting as long as no other process is using the mountpoint?
If so then it seems I wrongly assumed that the version in Ubuntu 5.06 (0.0.26)
uses inotify.

> Also, new versions of gamin do their best to avoid this problem by not using
> dnotify on any path that looks like a removable device.
If inotify is available then why is dnotify needed? Or did you mean it does
this when inotify is unavailable?

Thanks for answering my stupid questions :)
Perhaps an FAQ item on inotify, dnotify and polling mode would be in order?