[gamin] gam_subscription.c clean up

Clean up for gam_subscription.c consisting of documentation fixes and
some assertions.

Question: what are the exact semantics of the force parameter to
gam_subscription_wants_event?  I see the code and it seems to me that
if the subscription is to a directory, the event occured on a
directory and the path on which the event occured is the path which
the subscription is monitoring, then GAMIN_EVENT_EXISTS,
GAMIN_EVENT_CHANGED and GAMIN_EVENT_ENDEXISTS are suppressed.  Why?

The SGI documentation has the following example:

  Example: A client monitors a directory containing two files. Later,
  another program creates a third file.

  User calls     FAMMonitorDirectory(... "/a/b" ...)
  FAM events:    FAMExists       /a/b
                 FAMExists       file_one
                 FAMExists       file_two
                 FAMEndExist     /a/b
  Third file created.
                 FAMCreated      file_three

Gamin should emit FAMExists and FAMEndExist for /a/b.  Right?
Currently, callers seem to just set the force parameter.

Thanks,
Neal