[gamin] gam_connection.c clean up

A clean up for gam_connection.c.

The patch includes the normal documentation fixes and the addition of
a number of g_assert()s.  There are a number of small other changes.
I marked gamConnList as static and don't explicitly initialize it (all
variables in the BSS are initialized to 0).  I renamed req_read to
request_len which is a bit more intuitive.  I made request into an
anonymous union as casting a GAMPacket to a void * is invalid when
strict variable aliasing is enabled (which is highly desirable).  I
removed gam_close_a_connection which was pretty useless.  I optimized
the memmove in gam_connection_data a bit.

Thanks,
Neal