[gamin] Re: [Kaffeine-user] dvb + kaffeine-cvs + gamin 0.1.2 + 2.6.13-rc3 = high cpu usage

Christophe Thommeret schrieb:
> Le Mercredi 20 Juillet 2005 18:28, Prakash Punnoor a écrit :
>
>>Christophe Thommeret schrieb:

>>I didn't have probs with gamin if I use mplayer to watch dvb.
>>
>>(BTW, I have inotify enabled in the kernel.)
>

> Mplayer only reads from /dev/dvb/adapterX/dvrX while Kaffeine is also passing
> the TS to xine-lib through a pipe (~/.kaxtv.ts). May be a problem for gamin ?

Well, I don't know. But I found out something else: When just recording the
stream and shutting down xine-backend by pressing stop the CPU usage is still
too high. In fact gamin uses about 30% CPU. Usually in this situation max of
about 1% CPU should be used.

So, what else could be the cause? (I hope some people on the gain list have
ideas about this...)

bye,

Prakash