Re: [gamin] Fedora Core 4 Desktop Refresh

On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 11:09:03PM -0500, Ron Jenkins (SFS) wrote:
> OK,
>
> I have a problem where OpenOffice files don't show on the Desktop until
> I use Nautilus to refresh the directory for the Desktop.
>
> I know this is a known problem, but I would like to know why Fedora.org
> would release FC4 with such a glaring issue? It was reported in December
> 2004! Have you guys fixed the issue?
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-December/msg03401.html

  it's not *one* issue, it's a a very complex problem, communications
between 4 big pieces of code (kernel, gamin, gnome-vfs, nautilus and
potentially the way OpenOffice writes files) totalling a very impressive
number of lines of code.
 - We welcome patches.
 - We welcome automated regression tools you may provide to check dynamically
   that such behaviour is not broken.

What was reported in December was of course fixed in subsequent releases,
same symptoms probably very different reason, assuming we didn't track it.
Now where is your bugzilla report ?

Daniel