Re: [gamin] support for inotify 0.18 take 2

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 10:34:35PM +0100, pHilipp Zabel wrote:
> I particularly don't understand what happens with buf in
> gam_dnotify_pipe_handler

  gam_dnotify_pipe_handler is just a trick to convert the signal based
kernel event to a file descriptor. The value pushed on the pipe is
an identifier for the node who registered the notification IIRC.

> and why DNotifyData doesn't need a GList of subscriptions like in the
> inotify backend.

  Can't answer without digging the code. Might be a bug, or not ...

Daniel