Re: [gamin] support for inotify 0.18 take 2

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:00:18 -0500, John McCutchan <ttb tentacle dhs org> wrote:
> Attached is the fix.

Great! It works now.
I quite often get "inotify can't find wd 26" (everytime I close a
nautilus window),
but I see the dnotify backend just ignores this case.

> gamin using inotify won't pass the test suite because the inotify
> backend doesn't also use the poll backend like the dnotify backend does.

Is this also the reason why nautilus 2.8.2 doesn't react to
changes in subfolders of an opened window?

> I don't have time to fix this. If anyone is interested in fixing this, I
> would suggest starting with the current dnotify backend. It seems that
> the inotify and dnotify backends could share a lot of code if things
> were refactored properly.

They really seem similar.
Is there some documentation anywhere that could help
a person with not so much understanding of this code?

I particularly don't understand what happens with buf in
gam_dnotify_pipe_handler
and why DNotifyData doesn't need a GList of subscriptions like in the
inotify backend.

pHilipp