[gamin] monitoring of links

Sorry folks, I keep forgetting to fill in that cc field ...

> > Both of those extra reports look to me like they are right, and
> > indicate a problem with the results file, not with gamin's
> > performance. So fix the results file ...
>
>   expects X means 'there is at least X events to come'
Yes, but until now, for >= X it just logged them all and moved on, so no
feedback in case of > X. But we should know about that, just as we
should know about < X.

> You changed the behaviour of expect.
Only to keep looking for a little while after the 'expected' number of
reports are received, and announce if any more are received then.

 The history of this are the
> expect scripts which were looking at lines from tty when
> communicating by modems, catching some input to switch to a new state.
> If you want to modify the behaviour of teh expect command fine, but
> then also make sure this won't break "make tests"
Someone please correct me if I'm wide of the mark, but on the evidence
to hand, I conclude that the output from the revised 'expect' is giving
a correct and also more informative representation of the test result.
In that case, why do you feel we should not upgrade the one
slightly-misguided result file?

Tom