Re: [gamin] various regressions in gamin HEAD CVS

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 12:08 -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 05:51:28PM +0200, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've discovered various regressions in gamin CVS HEAD, compared to 0.1.5
> > release :
> >
> > -debug output is no longer enabled by default, unless you are building
> > CVS. I think it is wrong, because it was quite useful even for released
> > code, for packagers, at least until all possible regressions are catched
> > (I know it can be enabled back).
>
>   I agree, until we get to a 1.0 kind of release disabling debug support
> by default sounds wrong to me.

Yeah, we should include it. TomPh sent me a patch that cleaned up
configure.in, his rational was that we compile with -O2 and -g isn't
reliable when optimizations are used, so it should be an either or. I
will commit a patch in a couple minutes that forces -g for now.

> > -even when enabled explicitly, it seems GAM_DEBUG variable doesn't have
> > any effect and no output is sent at all.
>
>   Hum, I will look at this, that's annoying

I just committed a patch that changed this code. I tested it, but I will
retest to make sure I didn't miss anything.

> > -when forcing dnotify backend using GAM_TEST_DNOTIFY, I got a crash when
> > removing and re-creating a bunch of files rapidly :
> > GAM_TEST_DNOTIFY=1 /home/gnome/prefix212/libexec/gam_server --notimeout
> > test
> >
> > ** ERROR **: file gam_poll_generic.c: line 119
> > (gam_poll_generic_remove_missing): assertion failed: (g_list_find
> > (missing_resources, node))
> > aborting...
> > Aborted
>
>   Damn, what was the scenario ? Watching a dir or all the individual files ?

This was my mistake, see my other mail for an explanation. Fix will be
in CVS shortly.

--
John McCutchan <ttb tentacle dhs org>