Re: [gamin] poll backends are now pluggable

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 11:41:59AM -0400, John McCutchan wrote:
> My next plan is to remove the consume_subscription nonsense from the
> poll & dnotify backends. I assume these are relics from the days when
> gam_server was threaded.

  right, inherited from marmot !

> I'd also like to rename gam_poll.c/h to gam_poll_dnotify.c/h because it
> really is a dnotify specific poll implementation. Could this be done on
> the CVS server so that we can keep the history?

  Hum, I disagree at this point. I think gam_poll.c/h are usable if no
kernel support is configured in, well it should still be usable, and
unless you really want to commit another gam_poll_foo.[ch] then I really
don't see the urgency of that change.
  Doing surgery at the CVS level also mean breaking CVS history semantic,
which is not something I feel good about. It someone want to make a diff
from verion of N months ago this should still work. I think I will veto
against this ... I feel okay breaking stuff only if I know I can fix the
side effects, in the case of CVS surgery this is not the case so no.

Daniel