Re: [gamin] another release soon

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 02:49:10PM -0400, John McCutchan wrote:
> Yo,
>
> I'd like to see another release soon. The only pending item I can see is
> nailing down the semantics of the new config file stuff. Once we have
> decided on how we want it to work, I will implement it. There are a lot
> of important improvements to the inotify backend that I would like to
> see tested by the community.

  Hum, I would have released this morning but we have a problem.
Basically it seems /media support is broken on dnotify, first
running the regression tests, I see

nokernel.py
-- nokernel.py
Error: monitor got 0 events insteads of 3

to try to see if this was real I upgraded gamin to CVS, restarted nautilus
and gam_server, then plugged an USB key. It got mounted automatically,
nautilus opens a window showing the files content but changes mades
outside of nautilus (for example from the shell) to the directory in
/media/usbdisk/ are not reflected to the nautilus view anymore. I tried
to see if something changed gam_excludes.c about /media/* but no it should
still be using poll. I used USR2 signal on gam_server to try to guess
what is happening, the debug shows:

Exclude: use POLL on /media/*
vfat filesystem mounted at /media/usbdisk
  Listener nautilus has 16 subscriptions registered
    Subscription 3 reqno 1008 events 1008 dir 1: /media/usbdisk
    Subscription 1 reqno 1008 events 1008 dir 0: /media/usbdisk
but I didn't see any of the poll callbacks every seconds which should
show in the logs.

  We need to debug this first before making a release...

Daniel