[gamin] Re: [RFC][PATCH] inotify 0.10.0
- From: Chris Friesen <cfriesen nortelnetworks com>
- To: Paul Jackson <pj sgi com>
- Cc: akpm osdl org, gamin-list gnome org, viro parcelfarce linux theplanet co uk, ray-lk madrabbit org, Robert Love <rml novell com>, linux-kernel vger kernel org, iggy gentoo org
- Subject: [gamin] Re: [RFC][PATCH] inotify 0.10.0
- Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 23:37:59 -0600
Paul Jackson wrote:
A monitor on "/etc" will return "hosts" if hosts is modified. Which I
think is OK--we don't pass the entire path, nor do we want to if we
could do it easily, for numerous reasons ..
How about returning the inode number?
Then I think you need the filesystem as well.
] [Thread Prev