[gamin] Re: [RFC][PATCH] inotify 0.10.0
- From: Chris Friesen <cfriesen nortelnetworks com>
- To: Andrew Morton <akpm osdl org>
- Cc: viro parcelfarce linux theplanet co uk, gamin-list gnome org, Ray Lee <ray-lk madrabbit org>, rml novell com, linux-kernel vger kernel org, iggy gentoo org
- Subject: [gamin] Re: [RFC][PATCH] inotify 0.10.0
- Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:41:58 -0600
Andrew Morton wrote:
Why don't you pass a file descriptor into the syscall instead of a pathname?
You can then take a ref on the inode and userspace can close the file.
That gets you permission checking for free.
For passing in the data, that would work. Wouldn't you still need a name or
path when getting data back though?
] [Thread Prev