Re: [gamin] inotify kernel panic

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004, John McCutchan wrote:

> I was able to reproduce your bug, while using a 4kb kernel. The bug was
> in the inotify_read() function, I had an array that > 4kb allocated on
> the stack. Attached is a new patch. Please test it and get back to me.
>
> Thanks for your patience
> John

Hey thank you John!  Although I have a couple bald spots now, I really
feel a little more intelligent about what it takes to maintain kernel
patches after having to sync-up the lkcd patches from 2.6.5.  It's a lot
harder than I thought!  Anyway, learning's a good thing.

I'll give the patche a try right away.  Thanks so much for your help!

Cheers,
Steve