Re: [gamin] inotify kernel panic

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, John McCutchan wrote:

> AFAIK Nothing in this stack trace is related to inotify.

I walked through the steps at:
http://www.gnome.org/~veillard/gamin/debug.html

Specifically, the ones using the testgam utility in the tests
subdirectory.  Everything in the test was going fine until I made a file
in the monitored directory; step mkfile temp/bar.

I got a kernel panic. This one looked different than the last.  It looked
vaugely like

do_page_fault
ditto
ditoo
error_code
do_page_fault
ditto
ditto
error_code
do_oage_fault
ditto
dirro
error_code
do_page_fault
ditto
ditto
error_code
ditto

Then some large blurb about deferencing a null pointer.  Then more call
trace which I didn't get to record because suddenly it scrolled again (i
thought it was done!) and looked almost identical to the previous trace I
sent.

I tried to reproduce to get the null pointer info, but this time I got a
continuously scrolling screen of  "=================================="

As I go through the testgam process yet again, I notiecd the response to
"mondir temp" is missing a line you show.  Mine has no mention of:
1: foo Exists: NULL

Anyway, it panic'd again on mkfile temp/bar.  I got a bunch of "stack
pointer is garbage, not printing trace" messages.  This is after what
looks like serveral miles of stack trace.

--Steve