[gamin] watching unaccessible directory

Hi,

I just played a little bit with 2.6.9-rc3 + inotify 0.12.0 patch and gamin
0.0.14, and I found that even as a regular user I can watch /root (which is
root:root 700) and I recieve notification if a file is created/modified
under /root. So this means that /dev/inotify (chmod'ed to 644) leaks me some
pieces of information that I cannot retrieve via the regular filesystem
interface.

Is this the normal and intended behavior?

Thx,
Egmont