Re: [gamin] gamin abstract socket bind() probem

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 08:45:52AM -0400, John McCutchan wrote:
> >   The related code is in gamin_connect_unix_socket() in gam_api.c
> > even if another process concurrently forked a gam_server between the time
> > of the connect() and when it actually started this should not fail. Somehow
> > I rather think it's the timeout which is too low, I'm gonna increase the
> > value and change the retry code to always retry from the start by closing the
> > fd and reinitializing the socket, just in case.
>

> With your changes in todays CVS the problem still happens.

  I have no idea why. I can't find when logging the applications what might be
going wrong and where. All the logs I collect only show correct behaviour
but I get that pop-up window if fam_server is not started before running
gnome-session. strace'ing broke the whole desktop startup altogether.
I don't see any application crash, so far the issue is still open, everything
seems to behave normally, the gnome-settings-daemon is actually running...

Daniel