Re: [gamin] gamin abstract socket bind() probem

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 09:26:34PM -0400, John McCutchan wrote:
> Sorry to reply to myself, but it appears that gnome-session starts
> two copies of gamin. I have a feeling these two copies are fighting over
> this abstract socket?
>
> John
>
> On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 21:15, John McCutchan wrote:
> > hey,
> >
> > I am trying to debug a problem with gamin. If gamin is started
> > by gnome-session. The first attempt at starting the gamin server fails.
> >
> > inotify initialized
> > Failed to bind to socket /tmp/fam-ttb-
> > fd == -1
> > gam_server_init: socket == NULL
> >
> > [gamin quits, and is restarted]

  Strange, this might be due to threading, because otherwise the socket
creation is a system call and atomicity of the operation is garanteed
by the kernel. I didn't yet tried to debug the gamin problem with
gnome-session, I will try today. Did you use gamin CVS checkout ? I fixed
a couple or bugs yesterday.

Daniel