Re: Gnome Games on CentoOS 7 Gnome 3

On Sat, 2016-07-02 at 18:03 -0400, Mark LaPierre wrote:
Hey Y'all,

Are the Gnome games available, individually or in a package, in RPM
format for CentOS 7 using Gnome 3?

If so where can I find said RPM package?  Is there a repo maintained
somewhere that has the Gnome games packages in it?

I will eventually have to move on from CentOS 6 but I don't want to
leave all my Gnome games behind.  I love my Gnome games.

This is the sort of package that isn't included in RHEL, therefore
CentOS, but that could be requested through EPEL, where packages that
are in Fedora can be rebuilt for RHEL and CentOS.

There are good chances that somebody would have to do the work of
compiling those though, as the GNOME team in Fedora deals with new
packages on a rather automated basis, especially for games.

See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_a_Fedora_package_in_EPEL for
details.

An other way to get those applications (maybe even nightly versions)
would be to Flatpak[1] the games. Work is under way to make Flatpak
usable on RHEL 7, which should trickle down to CentOS 7.

If any of the gnome-games developers is interested in creating
manifests for each one of the games for Flatpak, contact me, and I'll
point you in the right direction.

Cheers

[1]: http://flatpak.org/