Re: about GSOC

I'm sorry, it appears we never responded to this.  We did speak offline though and I do agree this is a worthy project.  Note that last year the concept of porting to Vala was not seen as worthwhile by a number of people in GNOME (though many students were interested) so it's important to stress feature improvements that would come from this task.  I've added the idea onto the WIki [1], please feel free to elaborate on it.

[1] https://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2012/Ideas