GNOME Games Vala/GTK+/GLib dependencies

Hi all,

You may have noticed that the Vala/GTK+/GLib versions we are dependant
are trending towards the latest versions.  We're walking a fine line
here between being able to use the latest stuff and making it harder
for people to work on the codebase.  In particular, the GMenu changes
(see gnotravex) is pulling us forward.

If you are actively developing on GNOME Games this cycle could you
reply if you are having trouble with any of these changes.  Say which
games you are working on, and what OS you are developing with.  We
have a number of solutions we can do to make this easier:
- Help you update your development OS (if possible)
- Show you how to compile a local version of GLib / GTK+ and link against that
- Use different methods of compiling, e.g. jhbuild
- Adjust the dependencies in gnome-games so disabling the more
advanced games reduces the dependencies
- Put the GMenu patches in Bugzilla and committing them later in the cycle.

Thanks for all the good work!