Need more explanation on GMenu on the Modernization wiki page

Hi there,

Can anyone provide more information on the GMenu task? I didn't see any relevant results in Google search engine with the keywords 'Gnome', 'GTK+', 'GMenu', 'Shell'. Is there a dedicated wiki page to it? At the moment I don't understand the relationship between GMenu and Gnome3 shell. Is Gnome shell going to have something similar to Unity's menu style?

Thanks,
Sophia