Re: Installer uploaded for gnome games on windows

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, Thomas Bass wrote:

Hi,

yeah, sure. It was no problem, since the guile part doesn't need to register itself to the system (besides the env path, wich I personally dislike). Maybe we can find a way to include them from relativ paths or something like that.

If it's ok, I can continue maintining (if it's that what I think of) the installer, I'm gonna do it.
But where shall the source of the installer (GPL?) go to?

If you would like to maintain the installer, that would be very nice.

We can add the source of the installer to the gnome-games repository,
at: svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-games If you send me the installer files, then I can commit them to SVN now.

What do you think of a development-kit installer that's inlcuding all needed stuff like MinGW, MSYS, guile, GTK and so on except source code?

Sure, but it depends about how large it will be. > 20 MB may be too much...

I have also another question regarding porting: Is the source code repository the same for win as for linux?

Yes.
This is described on http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGames/Windows/MinGW32

When I check out the svn code, I can start porting?

Yes.

Or is there a special repo?

No.

Do you have a hint how to best start the porting?

If you fix bugs #458589 and #452813, then you are pretty much done.

 - Andreas