Re: Referring old users to GNOME version / standalone version of games?

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, Thomas Mills Hinkle wrote:
I still get a number of bug reports, etc. for GNOME-Sudoku from the
sourceforge site for the game. I've stopped creating separate releases
since sudoku got incorporated into gnome-games, which makes me realize
that my old sourceforge users are still dealing with many of the bugs
that have been fixed in gnome subversion (and they still report them
to the sf bug system, alas!)

So I wanted to know how the other games handle the transition from
standalone-game to part-of-gnome-games. Do you still create standalone
releases? Is there a relatively simple way to create a standalone
release from the gnome-games Makefile system? If not, what would be
the best site to point users to in order to download the latest and
greatest?

I would recommend that they download the latest version of gnome-games with gnome-sudoku from: http://download.gnome.org/sources/gnome-games/2.17

I don't think it's possible at the moment to create a stand-alone release of gnome-sudoku with the current Makefile system. It would be possible to backport changes from the version in gnome-games to the sf.net version, but I would just suggest that they get download latest gnome-games with gnome-sudoku.

 - Andreas