Re: Gnome Games 2.17.92

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Jason D. Clinton wrote:

> gnome-games 2.17.92
> ===================
> This is the final release candidate before the Gnome Games 2.18
> release. A little more bug fixes abound.
>
>         * Gnome Sodoku : Handle games that have been marked as played
>                          correctly.
>                        : Fix a crash and error highlighting bug
>                        : Fix crash on logout
>                        : Fix crash on click fill multiple times
>                        : Menu HIG compliance

What does this "HIG menu compliance" actually mean?

(If I had more time I'd dig in and find out but the short description
doesn't give much away.)

Have crusaders once again slaughtered a File menu that was minding its own
business and doing nobody any harm at all in a misguided belief they are
required to kill it off because of the Gnome Guidelines?

Gnome Games has a tradition of using only a Game menu not a file menu.
Gnome Games more importantly have not included options to load and save
files, in which case it very does make sense to use a standard File menu
rather than overcrowd a single Game menu.

Please say it aint so?

--
Alan