Re: I'm soliciting requests for aisleriot games

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007, Vincent Povirk wrote:

> Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 22:59:24 -0500
> From: Vincent Povirk <madewokherd+d41d gmail com>
> To: games-list gnome org
> Subject: I'm soliciting requests for aisleriot games
>
> As Alan Horkan once said, we need more games in aisleriot. I'd like to
> write some of them, and I'm wondering if there are games people would
> like to see added that they're not asking for because they just don't
> want to bother the programmers (or they don't know whom to ask). Well,
> just in case, I'd like to make the following proposal for these
> people:

There were some game types I was interested in, such as Reverse versions
of existing games.  If you have been playing a game and trying to get the
cards out in order from ace to king, to then go and play a version of
the game where you need to play backwards and get the cards out in
order from king to ace can be quite confusing and seem more difficult even
though it is only equally difficult.  Could take quite a while to do
something like that with a few of the more popular games.

I'll certianly give it more thought.  (Dig out my old copy of goodsol.)

Also if you were interested anything you can do that would make it easier
to add Autoplay to a game would be great. When I wrote my few new games I
did make an effort to add more abstractions for things like the tableau
and the foundations so that a game could more easily be reused to create
another game with a different deck size.  Even more abstractions and
cleanup would be need to allow for autoplay, and with that kind of
abstraction you could slim down many of the existing games and make it so
much easeir to write new variations.

--
Alan