Re: Translation licences

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Josef Spillner wrote:
I'm about to finish the script which pulls in translations from GNOME SVN to
GGZ SVN. So far so good.
Now the copyrights are assigned to the FSF. which is fine too.
But what licence are those files under? Specifically, those pulled in to
ggz-client-libs would have to be LGPL and those pulled in to gtk-client
either GPL or LGPL. Is this the case, or do we need to declare them as having
different licences?

gnome-games is licensed with the GPL version 2, and the translations are licensed with the same license. The GPL and LGPL licenses are compatible, so you can use either license if you want to:

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html

 - Andreas