Re: gnome-games 2.17.2

On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 16:51 +0100, Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Nov 2006, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
>
> > gnome-games-2.17.2
> > ==================
> >
> > Where to get it
> > ---------------
> >
> > http://download.gnome.org/sources/gnome-games/2.17/
>
> Why new gnome-games uses expat ?
> After last changes gnome-games uses more than two XML parser libraries
> (libxml2 and expat).

All GNOME programs suffer from this problem. Most of the libraries use
libxml since that is the officially endorsed parser. Unfortunately, one
of the low-level libraries (fontconfig? I can't remember) uses expat as
its XML parser. So it gets included too.

I'm not too sure why gnome-games explicitly check for expat now, but the
extra dependency isn't really an extra dependency.

BTW glib provides its own xml-lite parser. So there are three...