Re: Maintainership of gnome-games

Callum McKenzie said:
> I have been the maintainer of gnome-games for just over three years, but
> I'm finding I'm not able to give it everything I used to and I'm not
> enjoying it as much as I used to. As a result I'm going into
> semi-retirement.

For anyone wondering, I've been on hiatus since November or so... As one
of the longest working employees for a 20-man GIS company, I was naturally
one of the last to try to save it as it went under after 6 years of
operation. As they say here in Texas, I've leaned a valuable lesson about
gettin' while the gettin's good. So, I joined the print industry.

I'm still not back up to speed with gnome-games yet, as I have jobs to
complete for a few patiently waiting side clients, but a few improvements
are on the way. Hopefully next week, it'll be a mahjongg that doesn't take
several seconds to resize.

---

Most maintainership posts seem to have a campaign platform, so here's mine:
 - Better graphics than KDE games and Vista games. Forever.
 - Games that are responsive immediately after resize.
 - Consistent error messages among all the games... i18n guys, this one is
for you.
 - Dumber Four-In-A-Row. (#152722)

All that said, I am officially announcing my availablity as a
semi-maintainer for a month or two, at least until I catch up. ;)

-Richard Hoelscher
http://rahga.com/svg/