Re: Upgrade Installation errors

On Sun, 2006-07-30 at 18:01 -0400, Ray Brown wrote:
> All gnome-game Developers:                                    Ubuntu
> 6.06 (Dapper)
>
> I'm trying to update gnome games to resolve the crash in
> aisleriot.When I download the (.tar.gz) 1.2.14.2-1 (stable) package
> and convert it to a .deb package the Gdebi installer first warns me
> that a "later version exists, update thru software channels" and then
> when I close the warning window and click "Install Package" the
> installation fails with the message "librsvg2-common conflicts with
> gnome-games(<<1.2.14.2)
> dpkg:error processing, conflicting packages, installation failed.
> How do I resolve this?

The quick answer is that Jason has just uploaded 2.14.3, so there is now
a newer package to try. Maybe it will work.

The more correct answer is "I don't know" since I've never used gdebi,
but as far as I'm aware there shouldn't be a conflict with
librsvg2-common. Gdebi does seem to be getting confused about the
version numbers though 1.2.14.2 should probably be 2.14.2.1.