Policy for accepting new games in gnome-games

The current policy for accepting new games in gnome-games is written here:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGames/Contributing

"Gnome Games is a very large package and there is neither the room for new games or the time to maintain them. Therefore no new games will be accepted into Gnome Games. However we can help you with advice on how to let your game make the most of GNOME technologies."

There are many reasons not to accept *any* new games. IMHO, one of the important reasons for this, is that if we are constantly being asked by people to accept "their" favorite game. The mailing list is full of recent examples of people complaining that the games do not fit their taste etc. Any developers who have created a game which can loosely be considered for acceptance into gnome-games will come asking us, because they think inclusion into gnome-games will increase the success of their own game.

I therefore don't think that we should begin accepting new games, but rather focus on improving the current ones already in gnome-games. We don't have an objective way of selecting new games, or deciding which games to replace.

- Andreas