Re: High Scores

> I am a newbie on the listserver (and on Linux)., so pardon my
> ignorance.  I am curious to know if there is a central repository for
> high scores from the games.  I realize that the way the games are
> currently set up it would be easy to "fib a little", but it would be
> useful to find out what scores are possible so that we can find out
> better strategies for winning.
There is currently no central repository. The new high scores code in the
upcoming 2.13 release at least supports the vague possibility, but we have
to get the simple things right first.

> I am hooked on Same Gnome, for example.  My highest score to date is
> 102,550 on the large board.  How is everyone else doing - what scores
> are others getting?
I currently have nothing for Large, when you are testing you play the
smallest, shortest, game going :).

100 000 seems like a good score - 603 112 is the maximum possible if all
the balls end up grouped together by colour (and you get the 1000 pt
bonus).
Extrapolating from my experiences with the small board I would estimate
that a bit over 200 000 is the maximum possible in a typical situation
(remember the score goes up as the square of the number of balls removed,
so 100 000 is still good compared to 200 000).