Re: Freecell

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 18:07 +0200, hervé de Dianous wrote:
> Hello from france !
> I a happy user of gnome-games 2.8.3-2 on a Debian Sarge.
> But something disturbs me, often, when i click the mouse near the edge,
> the window resizes automaticaly, this take a lot of time and a lot of
> CPU use to re-enlarge it.
> Is it possible, like in the previous versions, to have the window size,
>    the space between cards-columns and the cards size fixed ?

Using a fixed size is not the solution - it causes too many other
problems.

Ideally resizing would be quicker. Richard did some speed-up work that
appeared in 2.10, but it isn't really enough. The "bonded" theme is
usually the quickest one to render - try that. Unfortunately because
freecell requires all the cards to be visible at once it defeats some of
the optimisations we have installed. We are still working on this.

The second option would be to use a window manager theme which gives the
windows smaller borders (e.g. the Grand Canyon Gnome theme). This makes
it less likely that you will accidentally resize the window.

The easiest thing to do would be to maximize the window. That way you
can't resize it :).