Re: Gnect Themes not working as documented.

First of all, an apology: my response wasn't meant to be private. In
short, its a bug (#307446 to be precise). Also, SVG should Just Work
(TM).

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 17:45 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
> Offlist Callum informed me this would work, gdkpixbuf would take care of
> SVG (I didn't forward it to the list in case it was sent offlist
> intentionaly).
>
> Even before I read his response I had gone ahead and created a theme in
> SVG which should accurately recreate the Clean Theme and the Classic
> Themes as well as a few subtle variations there of.  I haven't created any
> SVG in a while and I really enjoyed doing it.
>
> The existing High Contrast theme looks like the Handiwork of Jimmac.  I
> would be surprised if it was not originally created using Adobe
> Illustrator and the orignal vector graphics may be available for
> conversion to SVG.
>
> Ever since watching the new series of Battlestar Galatica I've wanted to
> create a them using octagons and depending on how much time I have I may
> create more themes and recreate some of the other themes in SVG.  Some
> should be relatively easy to recreate and others like the marble themes
> would be a real challenge to recreate as SVG.
I'm all for putting more themes in the gnome-games-extra-data package.
Its purpose is to hold themes without bloating the main package. Themes
reworked in SVG (where appropriate) will be used because eventually
gnect will be resizeable.

> I might do a quick hack & slash so that I can use the same themes in
> Iagno and Gataxx but I am unlikely to try and draw more than two states
> (and I'll have to take a look at what animations librsvg can do).
I have the vague memory that the gdk_pixbuf SVG loader doesn't do animation.
I'm not sure though.