Re: aisleriot games need to be more consistent, also a question onUnion Square

On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 23:37 -0500, Richard Hoelscher wrote:
> Callum McKenzie said:
> > On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 02:30 +0000, Vincent Povirk wrote:
> >> -Where appropriate, double-clicking on foundations should autoplay the
> >> foundations (if this is a good idea for klondike, it's probably a good
> >> idea for all of the games).
> > Yes.
>
> Freecell has always-on autoplay at the moment, but I'm thinking that this
> should be a game-specific menu option "Autoplay Foundations", default off
> so new players can learn the game. Both double-clicking foundations and
> the menu option could be supported at the same time, and other games could
> perhaps do this as well.

Freecell is a special case. There is an expectation of how it is meant
to work, for various historical reasons, so it works that way. It isn't
expected to work consistently. Having said that, I'd be OK with an
option to turn on auto-play.