Re: Should Canfield's waste be extended?

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 19:54 +0000, Vincent Povirk wrote:
> Compared to other implementations of Canfield I've played, AisleRiot
> Canfield has been very difficult because
> -I can't see all the cards on the waste. I think it should be extended
> to 3 spaces like Klondike is when it deals three cards.
Yes, this is a good idea. It is trivial and I have changed it in CVS.

> -There are only two redeals. Other implementations of Canfield and
> Klondike I've played have had unlimited redeals. Would this be worth
> putting in as an option (I already have it as an option in klondike
> locally, but I'd like to hear what people think of this before
> submitting it)?
Most rules for Canfield I can find say that there is no limit to the
redeals. We should change our version - in fact I have just done so in
CVS.

Klondike has the option because there are two well-known variations:
unlimited redeals with three cards at a time or only three redeals, but
cards are flipped one at a time. The two work out to be essentially
equivalent. I wouldn't put an option in for Canfield unless I see
evidence that a significant number of people are used to playing it the
another way.

Actually Klondike looks like it limits redeals in both cases. I have
also fixed that in CVS - it should now work the way my grandmother
taught me to play it.