Towards 2.13

We are currently in the bug-fixing phase of 2.11/2.12 development.
Unfortunately there are very few bugs to fix - at least bugs that don't
require massive revisions to the code or breach the UI freeze. So I have
decided to start work on 2.13.

Normally the procedure would be to create a gnome-2-12 branch in CVS and
keep working on HEAD. However, since it is still five weeks before 2.12 I
have done the opposite: created a preview-2-13 branch in CVS. It will be
merged back into HEAD once the gnome-2-12 branch has been created.

I don't expect people to switch to the preview-2-12 branch. I would far
prefer CVS users to keep testing HEAD. Any patches should be made against
CVS HEAD. No one should commit anything to preview-2-12. No bug reports
should be filed against it either. The only reason to make the code public
is so I have some sort of convenient backup :).