Re: A jigsaw puzzle

Yesterday Alan wrote :-
<quote>
 I believe work is being done to make Iagno and Ataxx use a shared engine
 and have a scalable user interface.  I'm sure there are other major
ongoing projects I am unaware.  Then there are the games which were
 included in older editions of Gnome Games but are no longer included,
bringing them all up to date would be a big undertaking.

 Someone might be interested in writing a Jigsaw application but I
imagine  the current developers have no shortage of things they'd love
to work on  but I'm sure if any of them are interested in writing a
jigsaw application  they will speak up.

 A jigsaw game to your liking may already exist.  Checking on
Sourceforge  and Freshmeat may turn up something worthwhile.  You may
not get exactly  what you want but I'd be amazed if there weren't a
few Gtk Jigsaw  applications already out there.  If you do find any
please do post a  follow up message and include links to anything
interesting you may discover.
</unquote>
              Hi Alan,
                         First of all thnx for replyin so quickly.
Been following inkspace & although not much of a drawer looks good. As
far as gaming is concerned, I've a confession to make, I'm usually
lookin for games which are cross-platform. The reason behind this is
again simple,
1. I'm an assembler so something which can be used on both the
platforms is easier to support
2. Single source to keep track of either updates or anything else.
        There've been few games which I liked from
freshmeat/games/puzzle games 292 games. The ones which 've some
current development with homepage links are:-

1. http://marijn.haverbeke.nl/jigsaw/

2. http://www.metaforce.com/scarepairs/
           The second one though is not a jigsaw but more of a
matching game. Also 'm on lookout for a good scrabble game.

http://freshmeat.net/redir/wmpuzzle/39707/url_homepage/wmpuzzle
This one is only a  *nix game.

--
          Shirish Agarwal