Re: More SVG Cards, Accessible Deck of Cards?

Presumably that was after Gnome 2.10 because I think I installed the
extras but I'm not seeing any other cards.
As far as I know it was in gnome 2.8
Maybe it has been removed from the extras for 2.10 but I didn't know.

With careful use of SVG clones or defs and using SVG text instead of
converting to curves I imagine you could get a very small file even with
using SVGZ.
Yes, that's what I'm doing. Lots of <use> and <defs>.
But the main part of the file lies in the characters' paths, and this is what I'm working on.
Using SVGZ, I'm already under 300Kb !

To go a little offtopic for moment, if you were to put together a set of
template cards with blank image placeholders in the middle I can think of
people making their own custom card sets.  Although someone recently
pointed out Barbie Linux Distribution (serioulsly) I'm suprised no one has
rebranded GPL software and sold it with custom artwork.  I mean you can
get all kinds of board games branded with Star Wars, and I've seen branded
flash games put together as high end advertising so I think it is almost
an inevitability that someone will do the same with open source software
and games are likely to be an early target.  I have been able to see it
coming for a few years now, if only I had a business plan and franchising
rights or a movie tie in.
Actually, if I have time, I'll work on a gtk applications to design new cards deck. Currently, the only thing I have is a awk piece of code to generate my own deck.
It is full of parameters and can be tweaked to other decks... I guess so !

Best,
David