Networking some gnome games

Hi Callum,

This might be a slightly late reply, but I hope I still can help out
improving the networked games in gnome-games, which still is on the
TODO-list of gnome-games.

I've had a close look at the networking code in iagno (from CVS), and it
seems like a very good starting point for adding networking to some of the
other games. I'd like to reuse most of the network code from it, in other
games, like gnibbles. Parts of the networking code could be generalized.

Iagno contacts a simple meta-server written in python (called
iagno-server.py), and provides a mean for one iagno client to connect to
another iagno server. I'd like to generalize this metaserver to be able
to handle more users, and handle several games (iagno, gnibbles etc.)

However, this metaserver is hardcoded in iagno, so the meta-server is a
single point of failure, which is bad. This should be configurable.
Sometime later, I'd like to also add a LAN-mode, using UDP multicast to
find games on the LAN as well.

So this is my suggestion, will you accept a patch if I implement it?

Andreas Røsdal