Re: Some Refactoring Notes

On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 09:37, Brenden T. wrote:

> I saw on the tread about Gataxx where using pipes to connect
> front-end/back-end processes was discussed, and the possibility of using
> an already existing program like GnuGo for AI as the back-end just
> popped in to my mind.

There is definitely a likelihood of using external engines where
necessary and possible, as Gataxx already uses Velena for example, and
there are plenty of Chess engines out there.  Supposedly Go AI is an
even harder problem than Chess AI, so I'd say that's a distinct
possibility.

--
         Matthew Tuck: Software Developer & All-Round Nice Guy
 My Short Autobiography: 1985 Grade Bin Monitor 1990 Class Clown Award