Re: New Gnome Game

> I would really like to 1) get some feedback from seasoned gnome
> developers and 2) find out if there is a possibility of including the
> game in the gnome-games package.
I'll answer these in reverse order:

2) Yes, there is a possibility. Certainly there is space in the tarball
now (I try to limit it to less than 10M). My main reason for not including
it would be maintanence issues: if there is a minor policy change then
each game has to be updated, probably only a few lines each, but this
builds up to be a big problem for me and the more games there are the
bigger the problem. Conversely this is the ideal sort of game for
gnome-games and one I had on my private list of future possibilities.

If you can add the following features then I would probably include it in
gnome-games:
 - Make the game scalable, see gnotravex or gnomine for what I mean. Even
   on a 1024x768 screen this game looks small in its default mode, so
   players should have a chance to resize the window.
 - Add an AI, all gnome-games are meant to be casual amusements and so
   should be playable by one person.
 - Documentation is also essential.

There are a few other suggestions I would like to make, although none are
important:

 - Make it clear which colour relates to which player
   (e.g. replace/augment the counts on the side with coloured bar graphs)
 - The alignment of the Players item in the preferences dialog seems
   askew.
 - The drag handle on the menubar seems to be there even though I've
   disabled it, have you explicitly enabled it ? GTK+ should handle this
   based on the users preferences. This may just be something screwy in my
   system.

Other than that I must congratulate you on a nice simple game that
actually behaves like a GNOME application should (most gnome-games don't
fulfill this criteria yet :).