Re: Re: removed games

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 12:07, paolo borelli wrote:
> I think the way to go is to have another module, e.g gnome-games-extras.
> gnome-games is way too big and I 100% agree with Ross' decision of
> removing some of the games; having them in an additional package seems
> the best way to make happy those who want them, without bloating the
> install of every desktop users.
> A separate package has also the advantage of not beeing tied to the
> gnome release schedule.

This was discussed on the GNOME IRC channels quite a lot.

One one hand, there being a core games module, and an extra games module
makes sense, as it allows the extra games to be separately maintained.

However, if a game is being maintained and isn't large, then it should
be in gnome-games...

I removed several games which I felt nobody really played, or had no
place in gnome-games.  Of course, if someone offers to maintain a game
which has been removed, they are welcome to it and I don't see any
problem with adding them back into the gnome-games module.

Ross
                                      jabber: ross jabber debian net
                                    www: http://www.burtonini.com./