sysprof 3.27.91

About Sysprof
=============

The Sysprof profiler is a statistical profiler based on hardware
performance counters in modern CPUs. Please see

                http://sysprof.com

  for more information.

News
====

 * Sysprof now exclusively uses the meson build system.
 * Improvements to the process filtering model used in the profiler popover.
 * More tests for utility helpers.
 * Some code was relicensed to LGPLv2.1+ to extend it's reusability.
 * A new libsysprof-capture-2.a static library is installed to allow external
   tooling to read and write the capture format. We expect tooling such as
   GJS to use this in the future.
 * A new kallsyms tokenizer was added.
 * If we fail to parse kallsyms as the effective user, we now query the
   sysprofd daemon to access and parse those symbols for us as root. This
   requires polkit authorization on the DBus connection just like our
   elevated perf_event_open() helper.
 * Now that we have to deal with overlapping kernel and user-space memory,
   Sysprof tries harder to check the current perf context. New API was
   added to symbol resolvers to facilitate this.

Translations:

 * Czech, German, Polish

Download
========
https://download.gnome.org/sources/sysprof/3.27/sysprof-3.27.91.tar.xz (368K)
  sha256sum: 3482246cda9162b20405057256ff5779f7a9210cc51989674b98152c6cd224df