gnome-builder 3.23.90

About Builder
=============

Builder is an IDE for writing GNOME-based software. It is currently
under heavy development.

News
====

Version 3.22.90
===============

We've been hard at work this cycle turning Builder upside down and replacing
the build engine. We now have a new build pipeline that allows for much more
flexibility for build systems and runtimes. There is certainly a bit of fallout
from this, but with your help testing, we can have these bugs shook out by
final release.

 • A new IdeBuildPipeline which allows various plugins to hook stages
   into the pipeline at given phases. This provides much more flexability
   for plugins.
 • Significant improvements to XML plugin including a symbol resolver.
 • The symbol tree has a new style which makes it easier to browse.
 • Support for semantic spellchecking, including comments and strings.
 • Meson support has been improved and now supports building within
   flatpak runtimes.
 • A new beautifier plugin to cleanup source using external commands such
   as clang-format, indent, or xml-lint.
 • The build panel now has support for colored output from programs such
   as GCC.
 • Configurations are now abstracted through ConfigurationProviders so that
   plugins may provide configurations. This means that flatpak json manifests
   are now implemented as configurations.
 • The build-tools plugin has been moved to libide and should be removed
   from existing installations.
 • Support for building with CMake and Ninja build system.
 • Autotools, meson, cmake, ninja, cargo, flatpak, jhbuild plugins have been
   rewritten to support the build pipeline.
 • The terminal plugin now supports hyperlinks.
 • Flatpak runtimes will be automatically downloaded using the new transfers
   manager if it is missing and a build is required.
 • A race condition in accessing CFLAGS for the project as configured has
   been fixed due to the build pipeline.
 • Plugins can register files that should be ignored in the project tree.
 • Ctags now uses a custom TMPDIR for when ctags needs to create large files
   for use with sort. This is necessary as /tmp is typically not persistent
   storage and the files can get quite large for some projects like WebKit.
 • Vim emulation improvements.

I'd like to let people know that we intend to move Builder to the meson build
system for 3.26. So that will give you 6 months to update your distributions
build infrastructure to support meson for GNOME applications.

Updated translations

  Simplified Chinese, Swedish, Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, Czech, Finnish,
  Spanish, German, Kazakh, Hungarian, and Lithuanian.

Download
========
https://download.gnome.org/sources/gnome-builder/3.23/gnome-builder-3.23.90.tar.xz (2.44M)
  sha256sum: dacd55d5457cdf4a77d36025a2cdbb3c4cf06ac8842e2a37879eff89df18f1ac