- From: Matthias Clasen <install-module master gnome org>
- To: FTP Releases <ftp-release-list gnome org>
- Subject: gtk+ 3.11.5
- Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 22:00:51 +0000 (UTC)
GTK+ is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user
interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for
projects ranging from small one-off tools to complete application
GTK+ has been designed from the ground up to support a range of
languages, not only C/C++. Using GTK+ from languages such as Perl and
Python (especially in combination with the Glade GUI builder) provides
an effective method of rapid application development.
GTK+ is free software and part of the GNU Project. However, the
licensing terms for GTK+, the GNU LGPL, allow it to be used by all
developers, including those developing proprietary software, without
any license fees or royalties.
* GtkPopover: A new widget that is can be used for transient
views, as an alternative to menus or dialogs.
- Dialogs have been modernized, can use a header bar now
- Built-in dialogs react to a setting, gtk-dialogs-use-header
for this, dialogs derived from GtkDialog: default to no headerbar
- GtkAssistant also respects the setting
* OS X:
- Better menu integration. Items such as 'Hide', 'Hide Others'
and 'Show All' are now handled specially
- GTK+ provides a default application menu now
- GTK+ now uses RGBA visuals by default
- Notebook tabs now support a prelight state
- Reorderable notebook tabs can be themed differently
- The API documentation has seen numerous fixes and improvements
- Docbook markup is being phased out in favor of markdown
* Bugs fixed:
350190 Need specific icon for GTK_ICON_SIZE_SMALL_TOOLBAR for...
566945 gtk_widget_override_color() documentation should menti...
630217 RGBA visual by default
634793 Use g_object_notify_by_pspec() / g_object_class_instal...
636594 The default value of the property 'logo' in GtkAboutDi...
665928 GtkWindow: Add comment about floating reference
692931 The list of printers should be searchable/sortable
699224 file chooser does not respect 12/24-hour clock setting
704456 Synthesized crossing events don't have correct device ...
711298 "Edit Scheduled Transaction" window way too modal
720059 use headerbars in dialogs
720552 Provide a more "native" Mac OS application menu
721895 Remove GtkIconCache
722429 docs/comments: Fix spelling of 'explicitly'
722515 csd menu icon should use default window icon if per-wi...
722574 GtkAboutDialog doesn't get headerbars when used from JS
722588 GtkStack: add gtk_stack_get_child_by_name()
722638 Version the gio-2.0 and wayland-client requirements (g...
722642 Use symbolic icon for file chooser
722722 Fix vertical alignment of labels in "Paper" section of...
722919 Setting custom titlebar on realized window looks weird
723119 docs: use |[ ]| instead of <programlisting></programli...
723121 GtkPlacesSidebar: pressing "eject" icon does not power...
723157 Merge GtkFileChooserWidget and GtkFileChooserDefault
723159 CSD shadows are clipped
723181 Use GtkPopover for GtkScaleButton
723183 GtkStyleContext: don't use disconnect_by_func()
723212 Use headerbar in GtkAssistant
723366 GtkFileChooser crashes due to a signal connection left...
723390 gdkwindow: Use an InputOnly window for focus_window
723402 widget: Fix set_focus_child handling during focus changes
723555 Decode extension names in X11 error handler
* Translation updates:
] [Thread Prev