cogl 1.7.4

About Cogl
==========

Cogl is a small open source software library for using 3D graphics
hardware to draw pretty pictures. The API departs from the flat state
machine style of OpenGL and is designed to make it easy to write
orthogonal components that can render without stepping on each others
toes. Cogl currently supports OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 and OpenGL > 1.3 (or
1.2 if you have the GL_ARB_multitexture extension), and having Gallium
or D3D backends are options for the future.

News
====

  • List of changes since Cogl 1.7.2

   » Optimize pipeline unparent operation using embedded lists instead
     of using GList API.
   » Remove the old matrix operation code we had before pulling in the
     mesa based code, and flatten all our matrix utilities back into one
     maintainable file.
   » Expose cogl_framebuffer_get_red/green/blue/alpha bits to query
     the precision for a framebuffer's color channels.
   » Numerous reference manual updates
   » Fix some memory leaks in CoglPipeline that weren't captured in
     bugzilla.
   » Fix some EGL winsys issues that weren't captured in bugzilla.
   » Switch to dynamically loading libGL, libGLESv2 or libGLES[v1]_CM
     at runtime so it's possible to distribute a libcogl that can choose
     to work with any of these at runtime. This can simplify packaging
     on distros that have numerous packages that provide a platform
     specific GL/GLES driver and certainly helps during the development
     process when evaluating the pros-and-cons of different drivers for
     a given platform.
   » Clean up lots of inconsistencies with platform specific APIs, so
     we follow the naming convention of cogl_<platform>_object_method.
   » Remove cogl_set_default_context from experimental 2.0 api, since
     we are aiming to remove the default context for 2.0
   » Ensure the experimental 2.0 reference manual gets a unique
     DOC_MODULE name so that distro's trying to package cogl don't end
     up installing the 1.x and 2.0 manuals to the same location
   » Add a program cache for the GLSL backend, a bit like we have for
     the ARBfp backend. This can be a big boost in performance for some
     apps depending on your platform.
   » Adds dither_enable getter and setter API for CoglFramebuffer so
     that Clutter doesn't need to use the GL API directly when picking.
     We need to get to the point where Clutter doesn't need to link
     against libGL directly so Clutter can take advantage of runtime
     driver selection by Cogl.
   » Use MESA_pack_invert extension in cogl_read_pixels to avoid
     needing to manually flip pixel data read in bottom-up order to a
     top-down order.
   » Fix the hello example to actually clear the framebuffer at the
     start of the frame instead of unintentionally relying on the driver
     to have cleared the framebuffer.

  • List of bugs fixes since Cogl 1.7.2

    https://bugzilla.gnome.org:

    #652514 - CoglPipeline could embed the list nodes for the
              children directly in the CoglPipeline struct
    #654440 - _cogl_winsys_context_init crash
    #654718 - clutter 1.6.16 compile issues
    #654593 - dlopening an unversionaed Shared Object is illegal.

Many thanks to:
    Neil Roberts
    Damien Lespiau
    Emmanuele Bassi
    Takeshi AIHANA

ChangeLog
=========
http://download.gnome.org/sources/cogl/1.7/cogl-1.7.4.changes  (181)

Download
========

http://download.gnome.org/sources/cogl/1.7/cogl-1.7.4.tar.xz  (877K)
  sha256sum: caa9664ed2faf875f5e92b1718caaa1c61471a23d1a4b7c9cee812a6a277d318

http://download.gnome.org/sources/cogl/1.7/cogl-1.7.4.tar.bz2 (1.01M)
  sha256sum: 551346ece43444176455246807885ea5cc7042167cb6e9c96166d5bc6652a88c