gnome-power-manager 2.17.2

       Module: gnome-power-manager
      Version: 2.17.2
  Uploaded by: Richard Hughes

http://download.gnome.org/sources/gnome-power-manager/2.17/gnome-power-manager-2.17.2.tar.gz
  md5sum: 21fd6c79c2d2b384f8644842b2414517
    size: 2.1M

http://download.gnome.org/sources/gnome-power-manager/2.17/gnome-power-manager-2.17.2.tar.bz2
  md5sum: da6fd5d7b679aeb278d8aa7ad7721f1e
    size: 1.5M

News
----

This _unstable_ release contains lots of new features since 2.16.1 was released.

==============
Version 2.17.2
==============

Released October 18, 2006

General

 - Fix up the recent configure change to allow g-p-m to build without libnotity
   (Frederic Peters) #359824
 - Add in preliminary support for detecting batteries that might explode.
   See http://hughsient.livejournal.com/ for more details.

Power Manager

 - Fix the hal interface so we automatically connect up the device
   DeviceCondition and PropertyChanged on HAL restart. #349842
 - Remove a potential null-dereference, spotted by Joseph Sacco. #356667
 - Replace the hardware info pane with a drop-down of devices. #356804
   This saves another 200kb from the daemon process.
 - Add initial support for keyboard backlight device - this works with
   the Apple Macbook Pro. (David Zeuthen) #357994
 - Only load the GpmHal* interface gobjects if we have the hardware.
   This saves another 100k of writable memory on my desktop PC.
 - Use the localised general string to describe the battery device in the
   dropdown. #362690.
 - Add XEVENTS functionality. This allows g-p-m to respond to events sent
   by X, as soon the kernel is going to be outputting INPUT events.
 - Fix up a couple of small memory leaks detected by valgrind.

Power Preferences

 - Fix guniqueapp support for the preferences program (Elijah Newren)
   and add support in the statistics program.
 - Make the auto-sleep functionality disable feature easier to understand.

Power Statistics

 - gnome-power-statistics now works instead of the "Information" screen
   that we used before. As it this is out of process we save 300kb for each
   instance of gnome-power-manager daemon running.
 - We can now trivially add new graph types and export them over DBUS.
 - The statistics application now includes light/dark coloured symbols with
   different shapes for colour-blind or partially sighted people.
 - gnome-power-statistics now remembers settings between invocations.
 - Add a proper tango gpm-statistics tango icon. (Jakub Steiner)
 - Add an icon the the statistics program to the "System Tools" menu.

Translators

 - Kjartan Maraas (nb)
 - Hendrik Richter (de)
 - Yair Hershkovitz (he)
 - Erdal Ronahi (ku)
 - Francisco Javier F. Serrador (es)
 - Priit Laes (et)
 - Ilkka Tuohela (fi)

--
An RSS 2.0 feed of ftp-release-list is available at:
http://download.gnome.org/LATEST.xml